Get off the grid at this one-of-a-kind cabin on 67 acres. Live and vacation in a forest full of game with nearby streams and lakes full of fish. You’ll not only be able to survive here, you’ll be able to thrive here.
Cabin: solar system; backup LP generator; 1000 gal. LP tank; hi-eff radiant heat; 2x6 construction; R-21 & R-38 insulation; security system monitors temp, H20, power; walkout basement ready for expansion; half-log interior walls; sunroom; gas fireplace; 12x20 storage shed; built in 2008; still like new.
Interior photos of the cabin can be seen here on YouTube. If anyone is around and you should be doing something else and not googling and looking for your new "up-north" place be aware that this property video opens to music: https://youtu.be/qloDzJ9DSUA
Land: mile of clover-seeded trails; 6 deer stands w/ shooting lanes; food plots; wildlife cover; pond; adjoins county forest land; dead-end road; good timber value; mixed hardwoods & pines; non-MFL.
Location: ride direct to ATV & snowmobile trails; very close to Lake Metonga, a 2038 acre, 79 foot deep lake with Panfish, LM Bass, SM Bass, Northern Pike & Walleye.
- - Built in 2008 for weekend getaways & hunting.- Building inspected and met all residential construction codes, including energy efficiency per REScheck service.
- - 1,368 Sq. Ft (36'x38'), plus 12'x16' elevated 3-season porch.
- - 2x6 construction with R-21 insulation in walls and R-38 insulation in ceiling.
- - Exterior has vinyl siding to significantly reduce exterior maintenance. Aluminum soffits. Rain gutters with leaf screens, flow through underground drain tubes.
- - Full size basement has walk-out access to outside, entering onto concrete patio (beneath 3-season porch) allowing outside enjoyment even if raining.
- - The Living Room and Kitchen have half-log walls and wood ceiling.
- - LP Gas Fireplace (with wireless remote/thermostat) in the carpeted living room.
- - 3 Larger bedrooms, each with large lighted closets, on main floor.
- - Full bathroom on main floor.
- - Laundry room on main floor.
- - 5x5 storage room on main floor, has plumbing nearby to allow conversion to a future half bath.
- - Solar tube in main hallway lets in extra exterior light.
- - Roof-mounted TV antenna with rotor provides Wausau and Rhinelander TV channels (plus some others), with coax connection to five locations (3-living room, 1-porch, 1-lower level “deer camp”). Current TVs, CD/Blu-ray players included with property purchase.
- - The full 1,368 sq. ft. walk-out basement with In-Floor Heating has 9 ft. poured concrete walls on 3 sides, with 2x8 lumber construction on west side allowing the multiple windows to let in extra light. Lower level west wall has double 3.5" insulation providing R-30 insulation.
- - All concrete lower level walls have 2" polystyrene R-10 rated insulation.
- - Basement is currently open space but ready to build more rooms.
- - Plumbing is stubbed for full bath in basement.
- - PerMar Security System installed with sensors for all external doors and storage shed, plus 3 motion sensors, Fire/CO, high/low temp, water on floor, and power loss; and combines with web-app to notify to your cell phone along with PerMar monitored service/response. Security system has enhanced antenna within attic area, utilizing Verizon as part of PerMar service.
- - 1000 gal owned LP Tank enables discounted LP costs.
- - High-efficiency high-output LP water heater.
- - Well has 220-volt in-well constant pressure pump.
- - Conventional septic (tank with drain field).
- - Sale includes appliances – refrigerator, LP range/stove, microwave within range hood, washer, LP dryer – all chosen for energy efficiency. Garbage disposal. Refrigerator is connected on separate switched outlet for extended absences.
- - Solar electrical system to charge large battery bank provides 110/220 volt power (60 amp service), w/ 12,000 watt Lennox (Kohler) LP generator providing backup charging/power as needed (Solar electrical system has Automatic Generator Start functionality). Control panel allows view of power storage capacity, current level, energy draw, solar charge rate, etc. Nine solar panels on roof can generate about 2,000 watts of charge rate depending on sun exposure and internal charge level (remaining battery capacity).
- - All lighting is either fluorescent fixtures or have fluorescent or LED bulbs.
- - Gravity drain sump which drains along down-slope west of cabin.
- - Heavier duty 12-gauge wiring for all outlets.
- - Quality Larson screen doors for each exterior doorway.
- - Wall venting within center stairway to center hallway allows lower level “cooler” air to keep main floor cooler during summer and warmer during winter.
- - Motion sensor lighting around majority of perimeter, switchable as desired.
- - Most windows are sliders for each of use and airflow control.
- - Extra log siding lumber (stored in lower level), ready for installation as desired in porch interior.
- - Detached 12x20 storage shed with remote controlled garage door opener, outlets and lighting.
- - All receipts for construction of building saved.
- - Rolling contour of the 67 woodland acres provides notable elevation changes and wildlife cover.
- - Plenty of clover seeded roads, with raspberry patches along many sections. Rough estimate of road lengths is over one mile total in several connected drivable sections: 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 3/8 mile, 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile. The roads are gated with three gates at the road and at property lines. There is an ATV/hiking path from the backyard of the cabin direct to the private road system.
- - 6 permanent 6'x6' deer stands (5 are elevated 8' with walls/roofs, 1 ground level fully enclosed with windows).
- - Multiple wide shooting lanes at each deer stand.
- - Multiple deer plots.
- - Pond near center of property (roughly 30' x 50' with 5' depth), alongside deer plot (great for bow hunting).
- - The east side of the land is mostly aspen and birch (6-12" diameter) providing great wildlife cover and browse; the center is mostly new growth (est. 15-20 years) aspen that is still thick (great cover for deer and grouse), and the west is bigger hardwoods (8-15" diameter, mostly maple).
- - The center of the property has a pretty thick section of evergreens, and there are evergreens throughout the property but not as thick as the center section. Maple, aspen, oak, basswood, birch, cherry and other trees including evergreens are located throughout the property.
- - Firepit with a stack of firewood ready to use.
- - Property is not enrolled in the Managed Forest Land (MFL) program, but is eligible if desired by next owner. It had been enrolled prior to the current owner’s purchase, but was removed from program to build the cabin.
- - Ride ATV direct from cabin to ATV route and trail system of Forest County and beyond.
- - Snowmobile trail access near property.
- - Many lakes and streams nearby.
Property is located 5 miles southwest of Crandon, Wisconsin near the dead-end of Walnut Hill Road. The southeast corner of the property is at the intersection of Walnut Hill Road and Sipple Road. Mole Lake Casino is 6 miles away. The property is 27 miles east of Rhinelander and about 40 miles south of Eagle River. Travel time north from either Green Bay or Appleton is about two hours.
If this is the type of off-the-grid cabin and type of acreage that you’ve always wanted to own and simply do not have the time to make it happen this is the property for you. All the research for the systems is done. All the permits and inspections are done. All the construction is done. The roads, trails, stands, shooting lanes, food plots and pond are done. This cabin and land are turn-key and ready to start enjoying today.
Please call Patrick O'Hearn for any property questions and to set up a time to see the cabin and walk the land. Call my cell day or evening: 1-920-227-3860
Seller requests 48-hour notice to listing agent for showings. Thank you.
REALTORS® Association of Northeast Wisconsin (RANW) Listing 50168840