This immaculate turnkey off the grid cabin is nestled at the entrance of a beautifully wooded 80 acre tract of Wisconsin hunting land. This amazing property is located just west of the Town of Long Lake in Forest County, and come’s fully furnished ready for you and your family to enjoy immediately.
Deer hunters will appreciate the five (5) ready to use deer stands, and areas for food plots that will be sure to draw deer from the surrounding forest. A Tamarack and Cedar swamp provides precious water and sheltered cover. Scrapes, rubs, trails and beds can be seen throughout the property. Grouse, wild turkey and bear are also common in these woodlands.
The cabin is in extraordinary condition and has been meticulously maintained. The 24’x32’ cabin has two bedrooms, living room, a kitchen, and was built by the owner so it’s not just another “cookie cutter” cabin. While it appears ordinary on the surface, it’s the fore thought and the things you don’t immediately see that set this cabin apart. Things like:
• ¾” plywood on top of 1 ¼” oak flooring for a rock-solid floor.
• The underneath of the cabin is just as spotless as the rest. The floor joists have been insulated covered and painted, and the pilings have been wrapped in metal so rodents cannot invade your home away from home.
• The opportunity to expand the capacity by finishing off a loft area to make room for a growing family.
• You can build a deck off the back so you can sit and enjoy the views of your new property. There is already a spot framed in to the wall to install a door so you can walk out on to your new deck. All you have to do is remove the siding covering it and you have a door to your new deck.
• Lighting is currently provided by battery powered LED and propane lights. The cabin is also wired for electricity if you decided to hook up to the grid.
• Heat is provided by a wood stove, and you’ll find your cabin is insulated so well you can have the windows open in the dead of winter while you relax to the crackling of the fire in the wood stove while you stay warm and cozy.
• Tongue and groove knotty pine walls adorn the interior.
• Bathroom with a toilet and shower stall is already in place if you choose to put in a well.
After you see it I think you’ll agree that that it is in absolutely amazing condition, and for being hand built in 1984, is in superior shape than most cabins a fraction of its age. There is also plenty of room to store things like boats, ATV’s, canoes, bikes, lawn equipment or anything else you can think of in two outbuildings, one 8’x12’ heavy duty metal storage container, and one 14’x24’garage. Both lock securely to keep your belongings safe and sound, and secure when you’re not there.
The 80 acres on which the cabin sits can be accessed at three points on the south border and it’s woodlands is a balance of Oaks, Maples, Birch, Red Pine, White Pine, Tamarack and Cedar, with a couple Russian Olive Trees the owner planted, and told me the wildlife just love to browse on. Your new wooded play ground has been enrolled in the MFL closed program which saves you money on taxes, and is easily accessible by trails that run throughout the property, linking hunting spots and food plot. This property has great diversity, and you can go from sitting on a ridge top looking over the rolling topography watching the edges of a Cedar and Tamarack swamp, to getting in to thick cover in the low lands.
This 80 acres and off-grid cabin for sale is the ideal property for anyone that wants to hunt the Wisconsin seasons and also have the property be available for year round recreation.
Trails are cut wide enough for an ATV to meander throughout the property. It is also fantastic acreage for hiking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, and with public land on your western boundary you’re not just confined to your 80 acres.
During the summer enjoy lake access at nearby Little Long Lake, Fay, Stevens or Halsey Lakes, each with a boat launch. The unique location of this wooded wonderland gives you options to enjoy various water activities on the Pine or Popple Rivers as well, and access to Forest County’s miles of ATV trails starts at your driveway.
• Centrally located to enjoy several lakes and rivers
• You can leave from your property and hit the snowmobile and ATV trails.
• Great area for all outdoor activities
• Abuts public lands (Nicolet National Forest)
• Near the Lauterman trail
• Less than 30 minutes to Ski Brule
• Less than 30 minutes to Chipmunk Rapids
• Artesian well on the property
If you've been searching and dreaming of that perfect little cabin in the woods with infinite possibilities, far away from the noise of today’s modern world, you owe it to yourself to call and set up a time to come visit this charming cabin and walk this beautiful acreage and experience the calming peace and serenity of the “big woods.”
Contact Patrick O'Hearn at 920-227-3860 to schedule a showing today.